WP Framework Forums » General Discussion

Best practice in developing new themes based on WP Framework?

(2 posts)
  1. wlanni

Hello,

So I've downloaded and installed the WP-Framework. I'm confused, now, how to move forward. Do I upload copies of it with different names for different themes I'd like to develop?
    --if so, what do I rename and where to have WP see the different installs?

Or do I just add in new style sheets for different themes within the media folder?
    --if so, how do I get WP to apply those different styles to different blogs (I'm using the wp multiuser)?

Posted 3 days ago #
  2. ptahdunbar
    Framework Overlord

After you download WP Framework, you can start customizing it by editing the screen.css located in library/media/css/. Javascript code would go into library/media/js/, and all your images would go into library/media/images/.

There's a custom-functions.php located in library/media/ for any php mods you might want to add. And all these files get loaded last so css declarations should work without problems.

In the main root directory, there's a style.css which controls which stylesheets get loaded into the theme. You can include, or remove any of them from there.

That should be it. You can also customize the template files if needed, but try to use custom-functions.php as much as possible before you make any template mods.

Posted 2 days ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.